- I formed a Reinforcement Learning study group at work, so I've been watching and reading materials curated by Denny Britz. For a short intro to RL,
a) Karpathy's "Pong From Pixels"
b) A bit more in-depth: "Demystifying Deep RL"
- Tom Holland's Rubicon,
a fantastic book on the path Rome took from republic to empire. I'm going to
Italy for the first time this Spring, and picked this book up to get deeper into
- Liu Cixin's Three Body Problem.
This book has gotten a lot of hype recently and it deserves it. I'd actually
recommend being slightly spoiled on the plot before you start, and a bit of knowledge about the Cultural Revolution wouldn't hurt.
- Abu Qir on Steinway, some of the best and most reasonably priced seafood I've had in NY.
- Ramen from Minca, because it's cold out.
- Pasta from Russo's in the East Village.